Dram Shop/Liquor Liability Law


Business establishments that serve and sell beer and other alcoholic beverages have a duty to obey state dram shop or liquor liability laws that require responsible behavior on the part of businesses serving alcohol to the public. In the state of Iowa, it is illegal for an establishment to serve and sell alcohol to an intoxicated person or to a person who will reach the point of intoxication if served.

If you or a family member has been injured as a result of bar negligence or the negligence of another commercial establishment that was serving alcohol to a person who was not fit to be served, you may have legal grounds for compensation in a civil lawsuit.

At the law office of Fredd J. Haas, we handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including claims involving the negligent sale or serving of alcohol. We handle all injury claims including injuries caused by auto accidents, drunk driving accidents, truck accidents, and other motor vehicle accidents. We handle all injury types as well as wrongful death claims in cases involving the representation of people who have suffered the loss of a family member due to negligence.

Schedule a Free Consultation at Our Des Moines Office

If you or a family member has been injured and you need to speak with an experienced Iowa personal injury attorney, we can help. To contact our Des Moines office about a dram shop/liquor liability claim, call 515-256-6301, or contact us by e-mail.